Portfolio Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Portfolio Management Interview Questions

Portfolio management interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

You have a birthday cake and have exactly 3 slices to cut it into 8 equal pieces. How do you do it?

36 Answers

Cut in half, stack, cut in half, stack, cut in half. All you have to worry about is the 45 degree rotation of one of the 4 pieces after the second cut. Blade can be kept in place, like a paper cutter, as to minimize the margin for error.

Slice it horizontally across the middle creating two equal halves top and bottom. Then simple two slice cross from above like normal.

Cut each slice into 3 slices. Then eat one of them.

If you had 100 million dollars to do whatever with it you like, what would you do? Would you invest it? If so, what would be your first trade?

4 Answers

What steps would you take as an IRA matured?

1 Answer

Tell me about the different asset classes that we, at Hall Capital Partners, invest in? Tell me what Hall Capital Partners does?

1 Answer

Was drilled by one portfolio manager regarding highly specific financial ratios, which I failed to recall from my early MBA days. He then proceeded to pontificate as to why I was not able to answer the question given the fact that I was almost done with my MBA. Other questions were fairly straightforward and the remaining portfolio managers and COO were cordial.

1 Answer

Excel task - creating spreadsheet with portfolio returns based on given information

2 Answers

Tell me your experience regarding portfolio management.

Tell me something interesting you read in the Wall St Journal today.

110 of 63 Interview Questions