Portfolio manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

portfolio manager Interviews

Portfolio manager Interview Questions

"Portfolio managers are expected to guide the investment strategy and asset allocation for clients or an institution. Prepare for an interview by going over your knowledge of specific markets, advising philosophy, and research strategies. The best candidates are confident and knowledgeable financial advisors with a proven history of satisfied clients and successful portfolios. A degree in finance or a related field is advantageous for this position."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you handle a client who told you that you don't know what you are talking about because you have no experience?

1 Answer

I said that the advice and counsel I was offering didn't originate with me but with best practices industry wide

What are warning signs of a deteriorating credit?

1 Answer

What are the risks to investors of currency arbitrage?

1 Answer

If the cost of a ball and a bat was $1.10 and the cost of the ball is $1 more than the ball. What is the cost of each item? How many times does the number 3 repeat between 0 to 500? Let's make a deal - pick one door from three. and then you have an option to swap doors. Would you open it?

3 Answers

I was aked a very general question about my previous experience as a community association manager.

1 Answer

Length of time you were willing to commit beyond the standard workday as the position did not include any additional personnel to manage the portfolio and new credit requests.

1 Answer

How much experience do you have?

1 Answer

How would I deal with SBA clients (financial institutions) and SBA employees and/or Management on issues relating to conflict(s) on a proposed or existing SBA 7a loans.

1 Answer

Describe a time you had to deal with a situation, and explain how you dealt with it?

1 Answer

Have I ever managed employees?

110 of 232 Interview Questions