Portfolio Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Portfolio Manager Interview Questions

"Portfolio managers are expected to guide the investment strategy and asset allocation for clients or an institution. Prepare for an interview by going over your knowledge of specific markets, advising philosophy, and research strategies. The best candidates are confident and knowledgeable financial advisors with a proven history of satisfied clients and successful portfolios. A degree in finance or a related field is advantageous for this position."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you handle a client who told you that you don't know what you are talking about because you have no experience?

1 Answer

I said that the advice and counsel I was offering didn't originate with me but with best practices industry wide

What are warning signs of a deteriorating credit?

1 Answer

What are the risks to investors of currency arbitrage?

1 Answer

would my customers like me

1 Answer

how would you design a competing risk analysis

loss forecasting using LU Matrix and panel data regression

1 Answer

After spending an hour discussing a potential architecture, the interviewer demanded a proposed architecture, despite no providing enough details to give a good answer. Even explaining that there wasn't enough information to provide an answer, the interviewer insisted. Couched with caveats about it being based on not enough data, I provided a proposal and was summarily skewered for doing so.

1 Answer

What are your greatest strengths

1 Answer

Where do you see yourself in five years?

1 Answer

Nothing difficult here, but I did find it very strange that they did not take any time during the interview to give me the location of the properties I'd be managing, flesh out the job description or go over what the challenges were, etc. They had NOTHING to say about it. When it was my turn to ask questions they were a bit evasive and floundered a bit looking from person to person for assistance.

110 of 208 Interview Questions