Account Executive Interview Questions in Portland, ME | Glassdoor

Account Executive Interview Questions in Portland, ME

"When hiring account executives, employers are looking for candidates with the communication and sales skills to find and acquire new clients. In an interview, be ready to discuss your experience sourcing new business opportunities, familiarity with sales strategies, and ability to close deals with clients."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If you started working here, what would be your greatest challenge?

They asked all sorts of questions about prior experience, career aspirations, etc.

1 Answer

"Can you tell me about your background" ? No problem even though she was looking at my resume and referencing it earlier in the conversation. Had a second call with the exact same person . The call was to discuss the additional role that I had been submitted for without my knowledge. Guess how she started the conversation... "Can you tell me about your background" I politely reminded her that we had already had this conversation? Even thoughI had not heard back from the recruiter, I received an email congratulating me for moving on to the next step in the process. The background check. I was a bit surprised because I had yet to have an interview with the hiring manager. Anyway, I was asked to review and confirm my information and submit. The problem was that there were a couple minor errors having to do with my home address but when I went to correct the issues and submit them. My credentials had already been submitted, In this status. I was prevented from making any changes. When I reached out to the screener and who I believe was her supervisor her. I never got a response. Truly shocked at the lack of professionalism from Gartner. HR I had always been a big fan of Gartner. I'd used their data in sales presentations etc. I will continue to do so. But with almost 20 years of channel experience...I'm amazed that I was treated this way. You can't make this up!