Engineer Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor
Engineer Interview Questions in Portland, OR

Engineer Interview Questions in Portland, OR

Engineers are responsible for designing and building products. In an interview context, expect to be quizzed on your technical skills, and also evaluated for your ability to work as a part of a team to get things built. The specific questions you are asked will depend on what type of engineering position you are looking for. Try a specific engineering discipline, such as software engineer, electrical engineer, or mechanical engineer.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Only one tech question that wasn't a brain teaser- technical job related question was about line balance. There's 3 tools in a row with known stabilities. You know the second tool is very unstable but you need to meet demand.

1 Answer

Run more product the previous day in the first machine the previous day.

You have 8 pennies, 7 weight the same, one weighs less. you also have a judges scale. Find the one that weighs less in less than 3 steps.

13 Answers

I was asked a pretty straight forward brain teaser during my last phone interview, which they said they don't normally do, but because I put that I was a logical problem solver on my resume they couldn't resist the opportunity to. It was the following "There are 20 different socks of two types in a drawer in a completely dark room. What is the minimum number of socks you should grab to ensure you have a matching pair?"

9 Answers

Do you have any questions for me?

3 Answers

A batch of wafers are getting cleaned in acid, aqueous and drying environments and a technician calls you in the middle of the night reporting that the wafers are having an unusual number of defects. How do solve the problem and what advice do you give the technician?

3 Answers

given #define A 2 + 3 #define B 2 printf("%d", A * B) what does this print?

3 Answers

If I told you I was thinking of a word in the dictionary and I could only answer yes or no to your questions, how would you find out the word using the least amount of questions

CMOS Inverter , how to reduce the drive strength of Minimum size inverter

7 Answers

Questions were basically from my PhD thesis: graphene devices . lithographic fabrication + etching + plasma generation 1.Describe about your research. What kind of photoresist was used? How does dry etching (RIE etch) works.. the setup. Any proble m during research and approach to solve. etcs.

2 Answers

There are 25 Netware workstations on a rack, attached to one Netware server. You can only get 20 to see the network at a time. What steps do you take to troubleshoot this?

110 of 1,488 Interview Questions