Sales Representative Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Sales Representative Interview Questions in Portland, OR

Sales representative interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about a time you heard no over and over again, despite having a good rapport with the lead and how did you go about it?

1 Answer

I had a very specific story in mind for this STAR question. Basically, my attitude is never give up and continue being friendly though if it looks like they will never buy then I won't throw a lot of attention their way. Just maintain good rapport in case there's ever that open door of opportunity.

Asked for a time when I ran into a challenge with a co-worker and how I solved it.

1 Answer

Would you prefer Account Executive, taking care of and growing existing accounts, or would you prefer new account sales? Anything else?

1 Answer

What do you about the company?

2 Answers

What do you read? Books? Newspapers? Magazines?

1 Answer

The most difficult part of the interview is the "Role-Play", where you are the Sales Rep. & they get to be the "Difficult Car Dealer". You have less than 5 minutes to read the specifics about the Dealership, seek a couple of different solutions for them, (Even though you don't really know the solutions at that time) and sweat through the denials, rejections, rebuttals, etc.

Why should we hire you?

my experience

1 Answer

Describe a tough time in which you had to think on your feet.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time when...