Software Engineer Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Software Engineer Interview Questions in Portland, OR

Software engineers write programs to design and develop computer software. Interviews are highly technical, so come ready to work through coding problems and math brainteasers. The specific questions you are asked will depend on what type of programming position you are looking for. Try researching a specific software discipline such as web development, application development, or system development.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I was asked a pretty straight forward brain teaser during my last phone interview, which they said they don't normally do, but because I put that I was a logical problem solver on my resume they couldn't resist the opportunity to. It was the following "There are 20 different socks of two types in a drawer in a completely dark room. What is the minimum number of socks you should grab to ensure you have a matching pair?"

8 Answers

3 is the answer when the probability is 50% for either color.

"20 DIFFERENT socks of two type" In my opinion It's a brain teaser not a probability question. The answer is none. There is no sock alike, so you can't get a pair.

3 is the answer no matter what... there are only 2 types, if you grab 3, you must have 1 of one type and 2 of the other

I wasn't asked one.

2 Answers

How does ssl work?

1 Answer

What would you use a linked list or an array (he was trying to determine if I know the differences between them) and how would you find memory leaks in a program

1 Answer

What is the chance that two dogs have the same number of hairs.

1 Answer

How would you separate out the client tier from the data tier (loose coupling).

1 Answer

How do you handle change of process in the middle of a project?

1 Answer

What is your greatest weakness?

1 Answer

Why am i leaving current job

1 Answer

How long have you been programming in Java?