Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions

Postdoctoral fellow interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Questions were mainly research specific

4 Answers

I tried to answer as good as I could

Hi, the information you posted in helpful, however I would like to know what kind of research question did they ask you? Werethe question were related to your past research experience, the techniques that you manage, or about your research plan? Did they ask you for a specific technique? Do you live in Atlanta? If don't, they pay you travel expensives? Thank you so much!!!!

I strongly depends on the person you interview with. When you apply for a Postdoc position you mainly talk to the PI who wants to hire you. You will probably also talk to people in the lab because you are supposed to work with them. I have seen interviews that lasted an entire day, including giving a talk, lunch, talk to potential collaborators and dinner. If you apply for a T32 position they may be able to pay for your travel expenses. So it really varies from case to case. Read up on stuff they are doing in the lab. Show interest, Good luck.

What is your availability? It must be open availability 7 days a week to get hired

2 Answers

Do you expect to work 9-5?

When can you start?

1 Answer

When you (insert obscure technique) to examine (obscure cellular process), did (irrelevent protein) appear to have a role?

1 Answer

Explain the thermodynamics of the carnot cycle.

1 Answer

Number of previous publications?

scientific questions

1 Answer

Normal questions about my previous work, what are my scientific interests and goals

1 Answer

All related to science, from controls to data interpretation to future perspectives, mostly I didn't detect any tricks.

110 of 615 Interview Questions