Postdoctoral Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Postdoctoral Interview Questions

1,250

postdoctoral interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Questions were mainly research specific

4 Answers

I tried to answer as good as I could

Hi, the information you posted in helpful, however I would like to know what kind of research question did they ask you? Werethe question were related to your past research experience, the techniques that you manage, or about your research plan? Did they ask you for a specific technique? Do you live in Atlanta? If don't, they pay you travel expensives? Thank you so much!!!!

I strongly depends on the person you interview with. When you apply for a Postdoc position you mainly talk to the PI who wants to hire you. You will probably also talk to people in the lab because you are supposed to work with them. I have seen interviews that lasted an entire day, including giving a talk, lunch, talk to potential collaborators and dinner. If you apply for a T32 position they may be able to pay for your travel expenses. So it really varies from case to case. Read up on stuff they are doing in the lab. Show interest, Good luck.

what is your job plan

3 Answers

Technical question

2 Answers

How do you fit in this position?

1 Answer

What do you think will be the most difficult part of the job?

1 Answer

What do you plan to do with your clinical degree/license?

1 Answer

are you interested in solving crystal structures?

1 Answer

Basically, they ask your career goal? When can you start this position? How do you hear this position?

1 Answer

Probably the most unexpected question was how comfortable I feel working with radioactivity.

1 Answer

Brief description of your past studies

110 of 1,250 Interview Questions