Postdoctoral research associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Postdoctoral research associate Interview Questions

postdoctoral research associate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Questions were mainly research specific

4 Answers

I tried to answer as good as I could

Hi, the information you posted in helpful, however I would like to know what kind of research question did they ask you? Werethe question were related to your past research experience, the techniques that you manage, or about your research plan? Did they ask you for a specific technique? Do you live in Atlanta? If don't, they pay you travel expensives? Thank you so much!!!!

I strongly depends on the person you interview with. When you apply for a Postdoc position you mainly talk to the PI who wants to hire you. You will probably also talk to people in the lab because you are supposed to work with them. I have seen interviews that lasted an entire day, including giving a talk, lunch, talk to potential collaborators and dinner. If you apply for a T32 position they may be able to pay for your travel expenses. So it really varies from case to case. Read up on stuff they are doing in the lab. Show interest, Good luck.

Probably the most unexpected question was how comfortable I feel working with radioactivity.

1 Answer

Brief description of your past studies

1 Answer

Why you are not going to industry

1 Answer

How much were you thinking for a salary.

1 Answer

I was asked clearly if I would like to pursue academic research or of I was interested in going to industry.

1 Answer

What kind of research do you want to work on in the future?

1 Answer

Whom did you find most interesting during your interactions today and why?

1 Answer

What made you choose our lab?

1 Answer

This work also involves some lab management such as ordering materials from vendors through the university's purchasing system. Do you have experience?