Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions

Postdoctoral research fellow interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Questions were mainly research specific

4 Answers

I tried to answer as good as I could

Hi, the information you posted in helpful, however I would like to know what kind of research question did they ask you? Werethe question were related to your past research experience, the techniques that you manage, or about your research plan? Did they ask you for a specific technique? Do you live in Atlanta? If don't, they pay you travel expensives? Thank you so much!!!!

I strongly depends on the person you interview with. When you apply for a Postdoc position you mainly talk to the PI who wants to hire you. You will probably also talk to people in the lab because you are supposed to work with them. I have seen interviews that lasted an entire day, including giving a talk, lunch, talk to potential collaborators and dinner. If you apply for a T32 position they may be able to pay for your travel expenses. So it really varies from case to case. Read up on stuff they are doing in the lab. Show interest, Good luck.

They were interested to know how I think myself the best fit for the post.

1 Answer

can you please join my group and manage it?

1 Answer

Talk about my previous research. What was I currently working on?

1 Answer

why do you want to join? what project do you want?

1 Answer

Number of previous publications?

work experience

1 Answer

I was asked 'what would you contribute to your group?'

1 Answer

Q: What is your experience in the field? Q: How do you meet the criteria for the post? Q: What is your future goal? Q: What you your expectation from the Institute? They give a special interest on your personality and the agility to prove yourself to them in the interview.

1 Answer

What skill/experience on your CV makes you the more qualified for this position than the rest of the applicant pool

110 of 148 Interview Questions