Practice manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Practice manager Interview Questions

"When interviewing for a position as a practice manager, expect to answer questions about your analytical, leadership, and accounting skills that qualify you to manage the business side of a healthcare practice. Prepare to field behavioral questions about your management experience and personal management style as well as your knowledge of the healthcare industry."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

When did you fail as a leader initially and had to adjust your style to fix the issue?

3 Answers

I had a situation in my first leadership position where I took a very authoritative approach to leading my team and I failed miserably. After I was counseled by an important mentor of mine, I learned that my singular approach to leading was incorrect and that I needed to adjust my leadership style to each of my team members' needs. After learning what motivated each of my team members, I became a more effective leader and was able to lead a cohesive team.

When I was a cheerleading coach.

When I began my shift lead position, I had to adjust to giving orders, and some people had expressed that I was bossy. I spoke with my managers and talked about better ways to assign tasks, without making it sound rude or demeaning.

Say an employee comes to you with a complaint about a client that seems to have an attitude when in the hospital, the employee requests to no longer deal with that client. How would you handle this situation and give an example or similar situation you were involved in and tell us how you handled the employee as well as the client.

1 Answer

How do you manage remotely?

1 Answer

How well you get alone with others. Huh, I was a social worker for 7 years, a Practice Manager for 15 years and have been in departments when I had to supervise up to 30 people. Really that's the type of questions you ask me.

4 Answers

Tell me about yourself?

2 Answers

accomplishments of last role and how it was achieved

2 Answers

All of the interview questions were very standard. I was asked about my experience in practice management and clinical management. I was also asked about how I might respond as a manager to various issues that might arise.

1 Answer

An example of a difficult patient encounter

1 Answer

They were pretty standard questions.

1 Answer

Interview questions were standard questions you can find off google

110 of 223 Interview Questions