Preschool & Child Care interview questions | Glassdoor

The Goddard School Interviews

www.goddardschool.com /  HQ: King of Prussia

124 Interviews

2.2 Easy

Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Is it important to you to be friends with your students?

3 Answers

There is a difference between being "friends" and being "friendly". I strive to be friendly to all people at all times and I believe this attitude helps build rapport between students and their teachers; however, I do not believe it is appropriate to establish friendships between students and teachers.

this answer sounds terrific. just wondering if it would add any value by stretching the reason for this clear distinction in terms of why this distinction is so important. any comments from HR specialists???

This is a TRAP! The answer is NO. Exemple : "I have a very good relationship with my student and it is based on mutual respect. I represent the authority in the classroom. This does not mean that I can't listen to them, or communicate, give them advices and be accessible. But establishing friendship with my student would cross the line, and I would not do that".

If I were to go into your classroom, what would your class be doing? Tell me about your class.

1 Answer

What would your final grade be (for the year) for a child that scored averages of 18%, 68%, 70% and 72% (high school math)?

1 Answer

How would you handle it if you had a group of kids in line outside your classroom waiting to get to the next period and they were yelling and cursing and acting out (middle school in troubled neighborhood)?

2 Answers

How would you implement a reading program, inclusion or pullout; discuss how you would justify your rationale and give examples from your work experiences. this was not difficult to me, it was just the most difficult of the ones asked.

1 Answer

What I enjoy most about teaching?

1 Answer

How do I view discipline for children?

1 Answer

How would you handle a child that fails to comply and is overall very difficult on a daily basis?

2 Answers

Previous experience in school, age range of students, examples of problem dealing with student instruction, examples of multi-tasking, how would I deal with a student acting out.

1 Answer

What would you do if a student became physically aggressive in the classroom?

110 of 4,002 Interview Questions