Preschool Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Preschool Teacher Interview Questions

"Being a preschool teacher demands a special kind of sensitivity and nurturing that is different from teaching other age groups. Expect employers to ask a lot of scenario questions, such as how you would cope with difficult parents or handle common child behavior such as crying, temper tantrums, and hyperactivity. To stand out in your interview, it is advantageous to have specialized in early childhood education or be able to provide previous experiences with young children."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How would you calm a new mother who has to leave her child for the first time?

1 Answer

I would be as empathetic as possible, and reassure her that it is natural to be anxious about being away from her child. I would encourage her to watch her child's interaction in the class environment for a few minutes from the window outside the door, so she isn't directly in the classroom but gaining comfort with how her child is being involved in the class, and meeting peers. I would recommend to her to try this and communicate how she feels about it all over the course of a couple days (even a week), and to keep open lines of dialogue.

In my experience how do I keep the children engaged, and follow curriculum.

1 Answer

How would you handle a child biting another child?

1 Answer

How do you deal with difficult parents?

1 Answer

How do you handle discipline.

2 Answers

trying to pass the test, they had to lower their expectations

1 Answer

Why do you want to be a teacher?

1 Answer

What are you going to school in, what is your schedule and how many hours are you looking for?

2 Answers

when I was asked about my faith since it was a Christian preschool, and if I would be interested in attending their church.

1 Answer

How would I deal with a difficult parent?

110 of 123 Interview Questions