Preschool Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Preschool Teacher Interview Questions

"Being a preschool teacher demands a special kind of sensitivity and nurturing that is different from teaching other age groups. Expect employers to ask a lot of scenario questions, such as how you would cope with difficult parents or handle common child behavior such as crying, temper tantrums, and hyperactivity. To stand out in your interview, it is advantageous to have specialized in early childhood education or be able to provide previous experiences with young children."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you calm a new mother who has to leave her child for the first time?

1 Answer

I would be as empathetic as possible, and reassure her that it is natural to be anxious about being away from her child. I would encourage her to watch her child's interaction in the class environment for a few minutes from the window outside the door, so she isn't directly in the classroom but gaining comfort with how her child is being involved in the class, and meeting peers. I would recommend to her to try this and communicate how she feels about it all over the course of a couple days (even a week), and to keep open lines of dialogue.

In my experience how do I keep the children engaged, and follow curriculum.

1 Answer

How do you deal with difficult parents?

1 Answer

How would you handle a child biting another child?

1 Answer

Which type of modeling will produce the highest/lowest valuation?

2 Answers

Have you ever had a conflict come up with a coworker or supervisor? How do you handle those situations?

1 Answer

What does privacy mean with respect to the classroom and your students/families?

1 Answer

What do you know about Montessori jobs?

1 Answer

Do you do anything else besides teaching? Do you know any other languages? Do you know how to do ballet? Do you know how to play instruments?

What is your experience?