Prime Brokerage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prime Brokerage Interview Questions

Prime brokerage interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

-Explain to me what we do -Tell me about yourself -What was the most valuable class you took at school? -Tell me something important about you that is not on your resume? -If you could pick a stock to short sell what would it be?

Asked questions about current events in financial industry.

Asked me to describe my current role in great detail.

Almost exclusively behavioral. This was a client service / relationship management role, not derivatives structuring. It was important to point to past experiences where I dealt with competing priorities, difficult clients / coworkers, ambiguous situations, etc. Time slots for interviews were roughly 30 minutes. I found that GS gave me more time to ask my questions than the average interview, so I learned to come armed with enough questions to take up half of the interview. I also started asking about specific terms that my interviewers used; I thought this helped in two ways 1) showed humility and that I did not pretend to know everything, and 2) that I was listening to what they were saying.

- What is prime brokerage? - What is something you like to do in your free time? - Tell me about a time you had to deliver difficult news.

What is your GPA? Tell me about a time where you failed.

18 of 8 Interview Questions