Prime Brokerage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prime Brokerage Interview Questions

Prime brokerage interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

-Explain to me what we do -Tell me about yourself -What was the most valuable class you took at school? -Tell me something important about you that is not on your resume? -If you could pick a stock to short sell what would it be?

Asked questions about current events in financial industry.

Almost exclusively behavioral. This was a client service / relationship management role, not derivatives structuring. It was important to point to past experiences where I dealt with competing priorities, difficult clients / coworkers, ambiguous situations, etc. Time slots for interviews were roughly 30 minutes. I found that GS gave me more time to ask my questions than the average interview, so I learned to come armed with enough questions to take up half of the interview. I also started asking about specific terms that my interviewers used; I thought this helped in two ways 1) showed humility and that I did not pretend to know everything, and 2) that I was listening to what they were saying.

Asked me to describe my current role in great detail.

- What is prime brokerage? - What is something you like to do in your free time? - Tell me about a time you had to deliver difficult news.

What is your GPA? Tell me about a time where you failed.

17 of 7 Interview Questions