Principal Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Principal Engineer Interview Questions

Principal engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

No questions. you will be told what the responsibilities of the position are and if you like it great if not they move to the next person.

2 Answers

Its what they want not what you want

They don't care about the employees, they just want to make money. They do a lot of marketing for a reason ! a good company doesn't need all the marketing, posts and all the noise to be noticed!!! They aren't what they seem or make them self' s look like. There are maybe three ladies that have a great deal of education, meaning the way they conduct them self , the rest are "girls" that think they are professionals.

The VCR Plus feature was described. In the TV programming guide each program/show/movie had its own code. When user wanted to program the VCR to record a particular show she just had to enter the program code from the guide - no need to enter the start and end time. I was asked to design this feature. How can it be achieved?

3 Answers

I was given a code exercise during the onsite interview. The questions are not very difficult and just unexpected. Also, some of questions themselves are not correct and I need correct the questions before answering them.

2 Answers

what did you do before?

1 Answer

I don't want to disclose it: now I am on the interview cohort (see below) and ask these questions myself :). But think of a moderately complex algorithmic problem that you need to code on a whiteboard. the same kind and level that Microsoft asks in their interviews (done a few of those).

1 Answer

What is your biggest weakness?

1 Answer

They provided me a computer and informed the current problem they are facing. You have been given 15 minutes time to think of, followed by explain you approach.

1 Answer

How about the big view of your role to the whole product (e.g., simulation)?

1 Answer

how much money do you require?

Nothing too difficult