Principal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Principal

Principal Interview Questions

In addition to serving as the educational and administrative head of a school, a principal acts as the public face and spokesperson. Employers will be looking for candidates who display strong communication skills, the ability to resolve issues among the staff, students, and their families, and a clear vision for a healthy learning environment. To excel in your interview, come prepared with examples of past conflicts you have successfully handled and ideas around how you would foster active learning situations.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you handle discipline and motivate children?

1 Answer

Different situations warrant different levels of discipline, so give specific examples that provide adequate context. Some forms of discipline include involving parents, taking away privileges, detention, etc. As far as motivating students, my opinion says hire great teachers. Find ways to get the kids excited about learning, which starts with a teacher who is excited about teaching. Beyond great teachers, some students need one-on-one attention in order to get the wheels turning.

Scenario questions. You have a mad parent coming in about a teacher. How would you proceed?

1 Answer

If John Locke from lost was running for president of the island what would be his campaign slogan.

4 Answers

Why should I NOT hire you for this position?

2 Answers

The VCR Plus feature was described. In the TV programming guide each program/show/movie had its own code. When user wanted to program the VCR to record a particular show she just had to enter the program code from the guide - no need to enter the start and end time. I was asked to design this feature. How can it be achieved?

3 Answers

I was given a code exercise during the onsite interview. The questions are not very difficult and just unexpected. Also, some of questions themselves are not correct and I need correct the questions before answering them.

What is IIS

2 Answers

1. Describe the OSI model layers and explain in details how it works and how it is used for troubleshooting.?

2 Answers

Nothing difficult--just lots of questions. For someone who's been working in this exact same niche field for a decade and has seen scores of customers and solved their issues---the interview was a total breeze.

what did you do before?