Principal Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Principal Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Principal mechanical engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

"Did you work at Motorola in Plantation previously?"

2 Answers

No..."Okay we are not interested in you now". Further backed up by a LinkedIn search of current Engineering Staff, high % is Ex-Motorola.

Director of Engineering is Ex-Motorola, so there is obvious favoritism (good ole'boy club), from my research it appears that all ME Staff are ex-Motorola, 99.9%

On interviewer spoke broken english and was very hard to understand, asked textbook and theory questions and not in a very clear process, seemed like he Googled and wrote down a bunch of questions from a search to ask prior to the interview, saw notes and theory written on a legal pad. Asking questions on free body diagrams, mechanics and thermodynamics, like write and explain Gibbs free energy equation and explain the three laws of thermodynamics. Did not ask too much that would be used daily as the job was described, the theory can be referenced in a book or Googled when needed, people do it all the time and little is used daily unless you work in a research. No applicable skills and appears this person was a recent fresher with not too much practical experience in the field.

1 Answer

Nothing really difficult but I did feel a little pressure in agreeing to take the job before I got a formal offer.

Technical questions on how to solve specific problems, ability to lead engineering teams and management skills