Principal scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for principal scientist

Principal scientist Interview Questions

principal scientist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

there really were none.

2 Answers

they seemed ot want to hear what I had ot say about my past assignments and relevance to the opening. i think they were not impressed.

Intuited

Various low level questions about SQL, probability theory, Python. Practical application of knowledge - this is a business problem we had, how would you design a solution? etc.

2 Answers

What's your salary requirements? I always avoid answering this

1 Answer

Why are you interested in the opportunity?

1 Answer

Are you a starter or finisher?

1 Answer

Big emphasis on machine learning

1 Answer

If the compounds you have in mind, do not work out, what are the alternatives you have in mind?

1 Answer

I was asked to lead a conference call with an external academic expert, to design a 'gamified' approach to the Walmart smartphone app, to structure and moderate a brainstorming session with several teams, to design a number of prototyping/testing programs, and asked many many questions. Remember, this all took place over one 9.5 hour session and another 5-day session!

1 Answer

What is your background in Data Science?

1 Answer

I cannot remember the specifics of the questions. They were all related to my skills in mathematical modeling, how I approach problems generally, how I work at my job, how I prefer to work, what kinds of projects I have worked on in the past, what I might have done differently, and things of similar note. I had a multitude of questions for the five interviewers, which I think is what impressed them the most. They liked the kind of questions I was asking, the follow-ups, and I think they liked the enthusiasm I expressed for the position.

110 of 84 Interview Questions