Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions

Principal software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What are the issues when talking over I2C.

1 Answer

Since I had covered a great deal during the phone interview, the on-site interview was pro forma. There were some simple programming questions but nothing that anyone with some experience could not answer.

1 Answer

What is recurse function call? How to unwrap the recursive function calls?

1 Answer

Design and code a system that can accept millions of events in real time and report the number of events for the last 10 minutes (sliding window). The system has to account for performance and concurrency.

1 Answer

The most difficult AND unexpected question was what is my current pay rate (I am a contractor at another major medical device company). I di not want to give his the exact number but asked what is the salary range for the job position. His response was from $100 to $130K. I replied that my rate lies exactly in the middle of this range. However he insisted that I need to give his the exact number. I tried to give him a range what I would be interested in. Again he insisted I give him the rate otherwise I will have a problem getting the next interview.

Implement a Hashtable. Chaining / Linear-probing, hash stuff. etc

1 Answer

Huge bank of servers is pounding data layer with connections. What do we do?

1 Answer

1. Real coding questions in the programming languages 2. Mathematical Algorithms

1 Answer

What would you recommend to grow our business in the current customer community?

Why should I hire you?