Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions

Principal software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why did you leave the last employer.

What is re-entrant code?

1 Answer

What is recurse function call? How to unwrap the recursive function calls?

1 Answer

The most difficult AND unexpected question was what is my current pay rate (I am a contractor at another major medical device company). I di not want to give his the exact number but asked what is the salary range for the job position. His response was from $100 to $130K. I replied that my rate lies exactly in the middle of this range. However he insisted that I need to give his the exact number. I tried to give him a range what I would be interested in. Again he insisted I give him the rate otherwise I will have a problem getting the next interview.

1 Answer

I was asked to look at some code and tell what the intent was.

1 Answer

Write recursive breath and depth tree listing methods. Constraints were no use of explicit arrays, queues, etc.

1 Answer

Since I had covered a great deal during the phone interview, the on-site interview was pro forma. There were some simple programming questions but nothing that anyone with some experience could not answer.

1 Answer

what problems did you have with your last project

1 Answer

1. How does arraylist work internally in java? if you were to implement array list how would you implement. Collections interface implementations and its differences. Whats the difference between set and list interface. Is Hashlist a thread safe or not. 2. Is there time difference in the array list is accessed, if the index is to the begining vs last. 3. How does HashMAp? Deep discussions about that, as well as HashMaps internal implementation details of O(n).

Basic Java Questions - Collection framework - Threads - platform independant