Prioritizing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prioritizing Interview Questions

interview questions shared by candidates

Prioritizing Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you prioritize?

2 Answers

I never seem to get this one right.

I usually say that it is learned with job experience and if there is any question I ask my supervisor to designate the priority.

The manager asked me what my strong skill was as a electronics tech?

1 Answer

Are you able to handle, organize, and complete large and often complex collections of work?

1 Answer

The most difficult part was they asked several questions that had multiple parts so that you would most likely have to ask them to repeat the question. This is an example. "If you had several issues happening at the same time, how would you prioritize the issues? What order would you resolve them? How would you resolve them? It's 1030 hrs. You have a presentence investigation report you planned to work on all day. It must be on the supervisor's desk by 2:00 for review and signature, then delivered to the prosecuting attorney and judge's chambers by 4:00; you just received a phone call from another Community Corrections Officer saying that a violent offender on your caseload was seen walking near his victim's home but has disappeared in the neighborhood; a gang offender reports to the office and asks to see you, this is not his scheduled report day; a rival gang offender who is not on your caseload instigates a fight with your offender in the lobby while other offenders are looking like they might join the fight. What do you do?"

1 Answer

Situational question was the only unexpected question for me, they asked me what I would do if I had a Dr/Client on the phone who needed help accessing a file, a nurse/customer on the phone who needed to urgently speak with me and then a supervisor who was asking for my help in my cube all at the same time.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time when you had a nearly impossible deadline. How did you accomplish the task? Did you involve others, or did you complete the task(s) yourself.

1 Answer

"If person A asks you to schedule meetings, but then person B asks you to make travel arrangements, and then person C tells you to drop everything and do their tasks - what would you do and how would you prioritize?"

1 Answer

Form your response by providing a specific example with as much detail as possible but for each repetitive issue/problem. Provide a new specific example for each of the 4 problems/issues.

1 Answer

Because they are so standard, the behavioral questions can be difficult to answer well. Think of some creative and genuine responses for these when you prepare.

"Coming out of college, how do you plan on managing the people you recruit for positions especially if there are problems at their individual work places going on at the same time?"

110 of 11 Interview Questions