Probation Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Probation Officer Interview Questions

"When interviewing for a position as a probation officer, be prepared to answer questions about your ability to properly supervise probationers so that they meet sentencing requirements and don't commit future offenses. As probation officers often have to manage heavy caseloads with lots of paperwork, interviewers will likely ask about your organizational and case management skills. Many of the individuals' probation officers deal with can be pessimistic or cynical of the probation process, so employers will ask questions that assess your ability to deal with difficult cases while keeping a positive attitude."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If faced with violence from the juveniles how would you handle it?

2 Answers

There is no right answer other than making sure to articulate that it is unacceptable to strike a resident in anything other than the most extreme situations.

Instantly try to restrain and calm

What would you do to prepare your self for court? How to deal with a upset parent? How do you prioritize your time management skills?

2 Answers

What to do if a kid went awol.

1 Answer

They give you a list of terms before your interview. They turn those terms into situational questions.

1 Answer

Do I have a problem with working with inmates and visiting the jail frequently.

1 Answer

What is our greatest weekness

1 Answer

Describe a situation where "x" happened and how did you handle it?

are you willing to work overtime?

How do I stay organized?

1 Answer

What community resources are there for a child and parent and how can I find more programs?

110 of 78 Interview Questions