Procurement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Procurement Interview Questions

"Procurement clerks are responsible for acquiring outside goods and services needed for business operations. Duties may include handling purchase orders, collecting price quotes, contracting suppliers, and taking inventory. In an interview, be prepared to answer questions about the various stages of the procurement process as well as discuss how you would negotiate prices with vendors."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why are you interested in this job.

1 Answer

Can you think of an example of a great leader being an example to his people

1 Answer

What is your understanding of the Davis Beacon act?

1 Answer

Negotiations with suppliers - How would you conduct a negotiation and what are the steps, once you have the product specs and costs ready? (I had no direct experience with supplier negotiation and hence the problem)

1 Answer

Do you offer any work from home options?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time that you had to make a tough decision?

1 Answer

The confrontational interview was really unexpected. It took me a while to realize that they were merely trying to provoke to anger on purpose. The interviewer seemed very frustrated that she had such a difficult time provoking me. She finally kept saying "I don't understand" when I described my previous work. I was thinking she was really stupid and kept trying to "dumb it down" for her. She seemed like a very political, crafty type and very young to be so jaded.

1 Answer

Explain how you would go about getting a cost down for this particular assembly.

1 Answer

They said the company is in trouble - why do you want to work here?

1 Answer

Basic interview questions about my background & work history.

4150 of 595 Interview Questions