Product Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Product Designer Interview Questions

"Product designers manage the design and development of all kinds of products across many different industries. Employers are looking for bright minded individuals with a passion for innovation and problem solving. To showcase these traits, go to an interview prepared to give examples of successful projects you have worked on in the past and answer some case studies on how you would approach designing hypothetical products."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

The collaborative task included choosing an existing digital product with a 'freemium' subscription model similar to Spotify and thought-storming ideas/solving issues around it.

1 Answer

I initially worked collaboratively with a panel of designers and developers to talk about the problem and capture thoughts. I was then left to my own devices for an hour to present some ideas/solutions, which I presented back to the panel.

What was my experience working with multiple teams to achieve the best possible product?

1 Answer

Design an interface for a rail station ticket booth

1 Answer

What are the different ways you can you tell if this part is steel or aluminium.

4 Answers

If you have a cantilevered beam with a load at the unsupported end, what can you change about the beam to mitigate the effect of the load.

1 Answer

What are 5 different variables of a coil spring you can change to affect spring force?

1 Answer

If you and a large brick are in a boat floating in a pool, will the water level rise or fall when the brick is tossed into the water? What if the brick is a large piece of Styrofoam and thrown into the water?

6 Answers

Questions that popped out as I can remember. 1) A cube (1-1-1m) of ice in a room (50C) sitting on a wooden table. the ice is 1m away from the walls around it's 4 sides, except for 1 side is 30cm away. You're given 2 insulating blankets (1m by 1m) that can be used to cover the ice block. The goal is to keep the ice in solid form as long as possible. Where would you put the blankets? 2) 2 rectangular beams, one is Aluminum a by 2b cross-section one is Steel a by b cross-section. If you were to climb a mountain and find these two sticking out on a spot where you need to rest, which one would you latch on to? 3) Interviewee shows a plastic part and asks: How do you think I built this part? What other ways can you think of this part could have been done?

5 Answers

A. Why are Manhole covers round B. How do you get 4 gallons of water into one jug if you have one 3 gallong and one 5 gallons jug

2 Answers

explain Ashby diagrams (or ashby plots) to me.

110 of 427 Interview Questions