Product Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Product Designer Interview Questions

"Product designers manage the design and development of all kinds of products across many different industries. Employers are looking for bright minded individuals with a passion for innovation and problem solving. To showcase these traits, go to an interview prepared to give examples of successful projects you have worked on in the past and answer some case studies on how you would approach designing hypothetical products."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Describe how given two lists of random numbers how to most efficiently find a list of duplicates.

1 Answer

I had a solid background in cognitive neuroscience, and they asked a lot about my research and projects in that realm. Also be prepared for typical interview questions like "What are your strengths/ what are your weaknesses?"

1 Answer

Give me an example of a time when you had to make a split second decision.

1 Answer

What would I charge Apple for interviewing me?

1 Answer

Tell me about your background (answered this one question seven times)?

1 Answer

They really dug deep into my design thinking and reasons for decisions made in regard to my portfolio.

1 Answer

Suppose a theater company calls and requests that a drum be custom fitted to appear inside a large barrel and sounding a certain way. Describe the design process you would use to accomplish this.

1 Answer

What is the difference between innovation and creativity?

1 Answer

"Design and sketch a machine you would build that would bend a quarter in half. Include drawings/solid models, and analysis of how you arrived at your design". This was given a few days before a Skype interview.

1 Answer

Why did I become an artist?

1120 of 464 Interview Questions