Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Product Manager Interview Questions

"Often considered the �CEO� of their product, product managers oversee the strategy, production, and implementation of a particular product. Because product management teams include members from different backgrounds such as engineering, design, and data design, product managers must have strong communication skills and excel in cross-functional work environments. Expect to answer questions about your management abilities, prioritization skills, and experience working in product. Though not required, technical backgrounds are advantageous particularly when applying for roles at tech companies."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How would I design the elevators for a new 40 story office building that had an average of 100 people per floor to most efficiently fill and empty the building given a standard 9-5 workday and traffic conditions in my city? The answer needed to be completely detailed, including expected passengers per car, time per stop, average floors stops per trip at various hours, etc.

8 Answers

What would you do to double the revenue for an existing Google product in the next 12 months?

7 Answers

Cannot list due to NDA.

4 Answers

Say you are dead- what do you think your eulogy would say about you.

5 Answers

Who are our competitors?

4 Answers

Asked me how I monetized a mobile app which I had supervised. Kept digging on this issue even though I've plainly stated that I couldn't figure out an effective way to monetize a socialization-based mobile app. The flow of the interview got to a snail's pace.

5 Answers

Given a set of 2D coordinates for the 4 corners of each building in a city skyline (as if in a photograph), how would you determine the outline of the silhouette of all buildings, where buildings may or may not overlap?

4 Answers

Why is a good user interface good for the company?

3 Answers

Paraphrasing - This is a new line of products in a new market. We need to come up with a new brand identity for this, but not conflict with the other products we sell. And not make it look like we are lessening our commitment to this other product line, even thought his will replace it eventually. By the way, there's no marketing budget. How would you do that?

3 Answers

Suppose there is a smart phone API that can give you a person's mood and that there are 100 different moods. There can be varying level of moods, such as happy, very happy, sad, extremely sad, etc. You can also have more than one mood at a time (such as nervous and excited). What app would you create to take advantage of this API?

1120 of 3,677 Interview Questions