Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Product Manager Interview Questions

"Often considered the �CEO� of their product, product managers oversee the strategy, production, and implementation of a particular product. Because product management teams include members from different backgrounds such as engineering, design, and data design, product managers must have strong communication skills and excel in cross-functional work environments. Expect to answer questions about your management abilities, prioritization skills, and experience working in product. Though not required, technical backgrounds are advantageous particularly when applying for roles at tech companies."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The most unexpected question they asked me was what kind of cereal would I be, if I could be cereal, and why.

3 Answers

What is the best way to sort a terabyte of array of data, when you have limited RAM (500k), and each array element has a couple of items of data, at about 1-10k each.

6 Answers

How would you design google maps?

2 Answers

Nothing unexpected, most difficult was specific questions about technologies I had not worked with in the past.

2 Answers

Design an elevator for a building (no specifics on what kind of building). Follow up design with two elevators and etc.

2 Answers

Describe what do you write in a functional specification?

3 Answers

3 metrics on how to measure success on a software solution that has just been implemented in the page

3 Answers

Nothing difficult--just lots of questions. For someone who's been working in this exact same niche field for a decade and has seen scores of customers and solved their issues---the interview was a total breeze.

2 Answers

How do you think Amazon may have come up with the $80 fee for the Amazon Prime membership program? - this is a classic pricing question.

2 Answers

How would you develop a truly new product?

2130 of 4,141 Interview Questions