Production manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Production manager Interview Questions

"People who understand production, but also have the skills to oversee and optimize the process are the perfect fit to be a production manager. In an interview context, expect to be asked questions about meeting deadlines, your experience in manufacturing, and how you could improve the company through your excellence. Be prepared to role-play a situation where some point along the production line goes awry and how you would find a solution to keep operations running smoothly. Employers are looking for candidates who are willing to go to great lengths to get the job done, so be sure to emphasize any extra time or holidays you would be willing to dedicate."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Give an example of a scheduling challenge you faced, and how you solved it.

1 Answer

I talked about recurring scheduling issues, and how I'd solved them by establish regular meetings with all those involved where I would state the schedule clearly, and then followup with regular emails.

How would you deal with not being able to deliver on time?

1 Answer

What would you do in the event you missed a deadline?

3 Answers

What makes you think you can do this job, it's technical?

2 Answers

How long have you been in management.

2 Answers

please tell us about your current day to day or weekly responsibilities

2 Answers

The most unexpected question was would I consider a lesser position. I thought that rather insulting and they wouldn't say why they wanted me to take a lesser position.

2 Answers

"A separate statement describing a history of working with or demonstrated commitment to addressing issues of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and/or other issues of historic marginalization"

2 Answers

What do you expect to acheive with us?

1 Answer

Canned questions....every one of them. I've heard the same ones over and over again.

110 of 490 Interview Questions