Production Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Production Manager Interview Questions

"People who understand production, but also have the skills to oversee and optimize the process are the perfect fit to be a production manager. In an interview context, expect to be asked questions about meeting deadlines, your experience in manufacturing, and how you could improve the company through your excellence. Be prepared to role-play a situation where some point along the production line goes awry and how you would find a solution to keep operations running smoothly. Employers are looking for candidates who are willing to go to great lengths to get the job done, so be sure to emphasize any extra time or holidays you would be willing to dedicate."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

The most unexpected question was would I consider a lesser position. I thought that rather insulting and they wouldn't say why they wanted me to take a lesser position.

2 Answers

Experience on managing high pace high volume plastic molding and manufacturing environment. Experience on molding processes. Experience on ISO 9001

1 Answer

Can you ship parts the same day.

1 Answer

Are you comfortable working long hours and being away from home for extended periods of time

1 Answer

What type of categories have I handled. Have I negotiated pricing and timing with factories

1 Answer

Was asked two or three times if I had discrete manufacturing experience by the same person. Not a difficult question, but they appeared to doubt my answer.

1 Answer

Most difficult situation handled?

1 Answer

Gave a scenario....You have an order of 150 slot machines that is due in 5 weeks. You know that some of your parts have a 15 week lead time. You cant preposition any units...How do you deliver the order.

1 Answer

They need a person possess abilities and qualities not less than a President or CEO of company with the salary of a tester. If you declare someone under qualification then should not drag a busy IT personnel to such a level and offer them such a low level answers without any clarifications.

1 Answer

What are your commitments outside of work.

2 Answers