Production Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Production Supervisor Interview Questions

Production supervisor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without all the information you needed to make the decision. What was the decision and what was the outcome.

6 Answers

That is a very good question. I don't have an answer, can we come back to this one at the end? Once we came back to it I answered with having to decide whether to schedule weekend O.T. by 7am Thursday when much more relevant information typically comes in between 7:30am Thursday to close of business Fridays.

When I don't have all the information I need to make a decision, I try to pool my resources and gather information. Do some research, ask other employees, so that I can be as educated as possible going into the decision. Then I trust my leadership skills and if the outcome is not as expected, I would try to make further decisions that could help the situation.

I was asked how much lean and safety experience I had.

A lot of questions about firing people which initially through me a bit, however I think they were just making sure I could handle any issues with people. Asked a lot about my Lean experiences.

1 Answer

They wanted specific examples, which for me was difficult since I'm very tight lipped about other people's privacy. Even leaving out names in the scenarios made me feel as if I was breaching that trust. So, I tended to give general management processes which didn't seem to satisfy them.

1 Answer

1. What was a time when you were required to enforce a company policy that you didn't agree with? 2. Give an example of when you had to show empathy toward one of your employees. 3. Has there ever been a time when you had to break the rules? What was it and why. 4. When have you had to step in for your manager in his/her absence and how did you handle the repsonsibility 5. What is your comfort level taking responsibility of others mistakes or short falls? 6. Give a time when you mentored an employee and how successful was it?

1 Answer

Do you work well with other people?

1 Answer

Tell us how you deal with stressful situations in the workplace?

1 Answer

How do you relate to your direct reports?

1 Answer

How do you handle shift work?

1 Answer

What is your salary requirement?

The usual experience examples