Production Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Production Support Interview Questions

"In a production support interview, expect to be quizzed on your technical knowledge of software development and tech support. Employers are looking for candidates with problem analysis and solving skills who can navigate operating systems and provide assistance to customers. In addition to technical skills, production support specialists must have strong customer service skills to handle the end users of the software you manage."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about a time when you had to step outside of your role to solve an important problem, how did you do it and what was the result?

1 Answer

Make sure to highlight your ability to identity a priority problem, take initiative, and deliver an effective solution. Remember that you don't always have to solve problems alone - knowing how to seek out helpful assistance is a useful skill.

Management wanted to know how I would proceed to resolve a customer's issue, such as an application malfunction.

What do you want to get out of this job?

How to restore a deleted file in a Linux Command Line environment

1 Answer

In the interview for this specific job there is often a technical troubleshooting test with a live computer. I found this difficult because of the lack of instruction provided by the interviewer. I didn't feel comfortable opening the case of a computer without permission. However this is what is expected.

1 Answer

Can you leave your current position in less than two weeks? (having asked them to give me at least two weeks prior to that question).

1 Answer

Online test would pose paragraphs.

1 Answer

Are you familiar with "X" lighting systems?

1 Answer

What are our greatest weaknesses.

1 Answer

From boss' boss: Are you ready to make money for us? He's a busy man so he is a man of a few words. He did not say much more.

110 of 71 Interview Questions