Professor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Professor

Professor Interview Questions

Professor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

This is a "teaching institution". How will you maintain an active research portfolio given the level of financial support provided for research by the institution?

1 Answer

Work ethic and commitment for contribution to the existing body of knowledge. I teach by example and do not believe in teaching without engagement in the field on a professional level. If teachers are not engaged on this level, they will simply be regurgitating information that has been given to them. Professional development in the area of contribution to the field outside the institution creates credibility through achievement and equity in the community of the field at large.

committee quizzed on my publications research interests. They were concerned bout my teaching philosophy. They asked me what courses I had taught at my previous faculty position.

1 Answer

What is your teaching philosophy?

1 Answer

How does my child get a scholarship OR when does my son/daughter get a scholarship OR why doesn't my son/daughter get a scholarship?

1 Answer

Not unexpected, but surprising how many applicants stumble on this: What are your research interests?

Describe your faith journey

1 Answer

Name your biggest weakness.

1 Answer

What can you teach that is outside your area of expertise

1 Answer

How do you assist students who can't write or read?

1 Answer

How do you get a student to do the work?

110 of 955 Interview Questions