Professor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Professor Interview Questions

1,201

Professor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

This is a "teaching institution". How will you maintain an active research portfolio given the level of financial support provided for research by the institution?

1 Answer

Work ethic and commitment for contribution to the existing body of knowledge. I teach by example and do not believe in teaching without engagement in the field on a professional level. If teachers are not engaged on this level, they will simply be regurgitating information that has been given to them. Professional development in the area of contribution to the field outside the institution creates credibility through achievement and equity in the community of the field at large.

committee quizzed on my publications research interests. They were concerned bout my teaching philosophy. They asked me what courses I had taught at my previous faculty position.

1 Answer

What is your teaching philosophy?

1 Answer

Identify a creative approach to your teaching style.

4 Answers

How do you get a student to do the work?

2 Answers

Most unexpected question was about how many children I had and how I expected to balance my work load at Maryville with taking care of them.

2 Answers

If you could be any type of bird what would ?

2 Answers

Would you take more than five classes?

2 Answers

Would you be willing to provide your money out of your pocket for traveling to required meetings and conferences/

2 Answers

How will you involve students in your research?

110 of 1,201 Interview Questions