Professor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Professor Interview Questions

Professor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is your teaching philosophy?

1 Answer

All instructors have an idiosyncratic strength, which they should leverage to challenge students in precisely the way that represents their best source of value to the students. As instructors identify different learning styles among students (especially in non-traditional environments, which characteristically have more extremes of learning styles than traditional environments), they should mainly apply their range of teaching methods to their idiosyncratic strengths, rather than to their ancillary competencies. That way, students will benefit the most from those areas in which instructors are actually most competent.

This is a "teaching institution". How will you maintain an active research portfolio given the level of financial support provided for research by the institution?

1 Answer

committee quizzed on my publications research interests. They were concerned bout my teaching philosophy. They asked me what courses I had taught at my previous faculty position.

1 Answer

the biggest surprise is being asked about expectation for salary with the first question

2 Answers

Why did I want to continue teaching at the college level (I have been teaching for nearly 6 years).

1 Answer

Why do you feel you are suited to teach multimedia studies here at Butte Community College?

1 Answer

What is your remedy for grade inflation?

Strong focus on teaching

1 Answer

Must be church of Christ. Must attend church of their choice regularly.

1 Answer

How much did you earn in your previous job? (I answered forthrightly). Their answer, stated with cackles of laughter: We could never pay you that much.

110 of 916 Interview Questions