Program Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Program Counselor Interview Questions

Program counselor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Why do you want to work here?

1 Answer

I told them that I love to help people and I genuinely care. They basically just want to know you will do your best and take care of the residents like you would your own family.

You have a situation where an individual needs emergency help for having a seizure, you are the only staff, what do you do?

1 Answer

If your supervisor told you that he or she is not to be disturbed and suddenly one of the residents has a bad reaction to medicine, would you disturb the supervisor?

1 Answer

How would you utilize Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) in working with a resident that has intentions of doing deviant behavior.

1 Answer

During my interview with my manager, they offered me 30 hrs a week with tons of hours available to pick-up (I was counting on full time) and showed me c the current schedule" which had alot of empty slots, but that was a lie. The empty slots were merely the slots from the 30 hr position I was filling. The manager also had told me i could always pick up hours with another department or program but failed to let me know i had to wait over 3 months (over $1k in paycheck talk)

1 Answer

Do you have any work experience with children or individuals with disabilities?

They asked how I would handle a situation in which an interview became upset in public.

Describe a time when you were very angry. How did you deal with it?

110 of 40 Interview Questions