Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Program Manager Interview Questions

Program managers are responsible for overseeing several company projects that are connected by a common goal. Employers are looking for candidates who excel at people management and conflict resolution. Interviewers will want to know about your leadership and multitasking skills, so come ready to discuss a time you were able to successfully motivate a group to meet an imminent deadline or any experience diffusing issues between coworkers.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

If a change in a product made Google less money over all and even would reduce the revenue of partners but might save money for the consumers should Google still do it?

4 Answers

Estimate the number of spark plugs in the state of California.

4 Answers

A vaguest ion that was asked in a very general way, but which the interviewer clearly had specific answers he was looking for: "what are four components that are included in every specification doc". That sounded a lot like a thing you would find at Microsoft and similar large companies where process is more strictly defined. I answered poorly, I think, perhaps because I haven't worked with that kind of spec in a very long time, and not on any projects that worked out well. Smaller orgs/programs/projects (startups and incubators, for example, where the outcome is always in flux, as I am accustomed to working with) can have poor specs, specs that are centered on marketing, planning documents that are made up of wireframes and time-based stage gates. In any case, I choked a bit, and the interview kind of skated around and became more specific as we went along. I don't think that is inappropriate, though, because Amazon does value and expect the ability to deal with ambiguity.

4 Answers

Write an algorithm that calculates the angle between hour and minute hand of a clock for any arbitrary time

3 Answers

What would I do if I found out one of my managers had been advising employees to use the wrong charge code.

3 Answers

Remove the duplicates from a linked-list.

What do you expect to be after 5 yeears

2 Answers

Tell me what a critical section is used for in C++.

2 Answers

Designing and Programming for a physics problem Mathematics: complete divisible numbers to N in a range String modification

2 Answers

Are you interested in this position?

2130 of 3,273 Interview Questions