Program officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for program officer

Program officer Interview Questions

13,326

program officer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If faced with violence from the juveniles how would you handle it?

3 Answers

There is no right answer other than making sure to articulate that it is unacceptable to strike a resident in anything other than the most extreme situations.

Instantly try to restrain and calm

As a JPO, it is your duty to gain total control of a violent situation with the least amount of force as possible as quickly as possible. Many juveniles resort to anger due to an inability to understand the thoughts and feelings they are experiencing; that is why it is crucial to maintain control and attempt to diffuse the situation to prevent further escalation.

What would you do to prepare your self for court? How to deal with a upset parent? How do you prioritize your time management skills?

2 Answers

Imagine you make a very complicated calculation in excel for a client who is going to make a decision. After you reviewed it a couple of times you notice you are going to save the client $10 million in taxes. You give it to your senior and your partner, who review your work. They agree on your calculation and tell the client about the tax savings and the meeting to finalize the transaction is tomorrow. It's 9 o'clock at night and you are finalizing the paperwork, and you suddenly realize you made a careless mistake on excel and instead of putting a minus, you put a plus, so the client is not going to save $10 million, but is going to owe $10 million. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

2 Answers

If you are faced with multiple tasks, which would you prioritize first, second and third? Time sensative task, customer impact task or internal date and time sensative task.

2 Answers

What knowledge did I have about the Clery Act?

2 Answers

What's the accounting equation? It wasn't difficult but it was unexpected and resulted in me having to ponder for several seconds to recall the information to mind

2 Answers

You show up to a burglary call, your partner gets shot and falls to the ground while the burglar runs away. What do you do?

3 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Can I balance a high stressed work environment and role being that I was a single mother.

What is an accrual?

2 Answers

They asked a question that was somewhat confusing at the time but made a lot of sense later. They asked how I would deal with monitoring the work done by payroll administrators even as I was not their supervisor but was still responsible for the accuracy and quality of their work. Ironically, this question rang in my ears for a long time--it was definitely a dilemma.

3 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

110 of 13,326 Interview Questions