Programming Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Programming Interview Questions

12,400

Programming interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If a change in a product made Google less money over all and even would reduce the revenue of partners but might save money for the consumers should Google still do it?

4 Answers

What is an EBITA and what doesn't go into it?

4 Answers

In a set of cereals, there are 4 kinds of coupons. A child wants to collect all the 4 kinds of coupons. How many boxes in average should he buy?

3 Answers

The format of the on site interviews for the most part is the same- as long as you are prepared with your stories of past experiences and how you handled the situations you will be fine.

3 Answers

If you had an infinite supply of water and a 5 quart and 3 quart pail, how would you measure exactly 4 quarts?

3 Answers

A vaguest ion that was asked in a very general way, but which the interviewer clearly had specific answers he was looking for: "what are four components that are included in every specification doc". That sounded a lot like a thing you would find at Microsoft and similar large companies where process is more strictly defined. I answered poorly, I think, perhaps because I haven't worked with that kind of spec in a very long time, and not on any projects that worked out well. Smaller orgs/programs/projects (startups and incubators, for example, where the outcome is always in flux, as I am accustomed to working with) can have poor specs, specs that are centered on marketing, planning documents that are made up of wireframes and time-based stage gates. In any case, I choked a bit, and the interview kind of skated around and became more specific as we went along. I don't think that is inappropriate, though, because Amazon does value and expect the ability to deal with ambiguity.

4 Answers

Explain how you would design and implement a asking algorithm using Java.

3 Answers

How would you extend Array in JavaScript so that it could add all the values stored in an array?

3 Answers

Why are you interested in working for Baker Hughes as a field engineer?

3 Answers

There are 9 identical looking balls, but one ball is slightly heavier than the others. If you have one scale, what is the least number of measurements one would need to identify for sure, which ball is the heavier one?

6 Answers