Project accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for project accountant

Project accountant Interview Questions

project accountant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

They asked a question that was somewhat confusing at the time but made a lot of sense later. They asked how I would deal with monitoring the work done by payroll administrators even as I was not their supervisor but was still responsible for the accuracy and quality of their work. Ironically, this question rang in my ears for a long time--it was definitely a dilemma.

3 Answers

Lacking overall context, this question appears to be taking a long view on the project ... if you're managing budget, tracking tasks and attentive to remaining scope of effort, it would be useful to ensure (minimally) that: - hours worked/paid aligned with estimates - hours worked by groups aligned with delivered work -- is it done, did that element exceed budget - reporting on overall project relative to plan ... in short, does it mirror (quite literally) where you say we should be. In this space, labor is one of the few variable costs ... failing to completely supervise payroll could quickly cause a project to go over budget.

That is true and I was happy to do that. The problem did not lie in tracking and managing budgets. The problem dealt with administrators having trouble receiving constructive criticism or being asked to fix their entry errors by someone that was not their supervisor, especially on a weekly basis since books closed weekly. Nonetheless, that was a big part of the job I was paid to do, the accuracy and integrity of the reports was my responsibility.

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

None...they asked no difficult questions. Maybe "Where did you go to college and what degree did you receive?" Literally, that was it.

2 Answers

Why do you want to work for Hines, specifically, and how do your reasons relate to your career ambitions?

2 Answers

What am I looking for in a company?

1 Answer

Name a time you didn't have a time to complete everything what did you do?.... Also make sure you know how consulting billing works, time and expenses, etc.

1 Answer

Specific questions regarding the case study.

1 Answer

why Deloitte? how would you approach to diff situation, like, if you are in the middle of the project and you spend X amount, then the project is cut? or if you have an Ad hoc project. rest was behavioral and easy Excel questions about Vlookup, Pivot, filtering and conditional formatting, "datedif" function.

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

A time you created efficiency in your current role?

1 Answer

What is your skill level and experience with Deltek Vision? Can you explain some of the things you used it for?

110 of 172 Interview Questions