Property Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Property Manager Interview Questions

"Property owners hire property managers to oversee duties related to their residences such as rent, tenant relations, and maintenance upkeep. Interviewers are looking for candidates who have excellent communication skills and can complete projects and assist tenants in a timely fashion. Be ready to discuss your experience in the field and how you would handle difficult tenant scenarios."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The most difficult question I was asked was how I would deal with an eviction

1 Answer

First and foremost every eviction should be treated as if it was you the one being evicted. Generally speaking people that are being evicted have come to some form of hardship and are under tremendous emotional stress and duress. Must approach with kid gloves, show respect and be genuine. Yet be firm and be in complete control of the situation. it's nothing personal and don't appear to be judgemental. Be helpful and understanding but, firm and unwavering.

What software systems are you familiar with for property management?

1 Answer

How would you address a circumstance in which you disagree with your supervisor's decision or actions in a particular instance?

1 Answer

I am having a hard time understanding how your experience translates over into this position, a very hard time. Convince me we should move forward.

2 Answers

Generally making a very good impression in interviews, I was floored when after a few negative comments (one challanging a self-rating question answer I gave, another stating that I "might not deal with change well", when I was looking to change from subsidized back to market rentals and my resume shows a wide variety of experience in property management) this woman hauls off and asks my "energy level" and said I "seemed bored". It die not take me long to excuse myself from this interview. Rude, rude, rude...

2 Answers

He did ask me do I think I can handle a heavy workload. BTW this was only my first interview with them. Not sure if he will call back or not but I will keep you updated if I were to get the job or not

1 Answer

Are you currently employed?

1 Answer

After being asked my favorite and least favorite things about sales, I was then given a Public Storage lock and told to sell it to the manager interviewing me. I admit I was not expecting this. Since I was completely unfamiliar with the product, I took a deep breath before proceeding with my winged sales pitch.

1 Answer

What salary are you requiring?

1 Answer

Do you think that you will be able to work 8 to 5 and able to attend meeting at night.

110 of 610 Interview Questions