Cashier Interview Questions in Providence, RI | Glassdoor

Cashier Interview Questions in Providence, RI

"Employers are looking to hire cashiers with great customer service skills and experience handling cash. In preparation for an interview, come ready to answer role-play questions that will assess your ability to appease difficult customers under stressful circumstances. Make sure to showcase a positive and easy-to-work-with attitude that will convince your interviewer you're right for the job."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about a situation at your previous job where you had to deal with a difficult customer?

1 Answer

As a store phone operator, I had a customer call in and ask if we had a certain type of baby formula. I couldn't go see because we were short staffed and I wasn't allowed to leave the desk I was stationed at. She didn't care that I couldn't leave my post, she wanted me to answer her question without any excuses. So I asked that the customer call back in a few minutes and on my break I went to the baby formula aisle, wrote down all the types of the particular brand she wanted, and when she called back I had the answer for her.

How did you find out about this position ?

1 Answer

Why do you want to work at S&S?

1 Answer

On a scale of 1-5, 5 being the most, How often do you smile?

1 Answer

Did I have any RFP experience.

1 Answer

How did you know about the job opening in T. J. Maxx?

1 Answer

What should we hire you?

1 Answer

What would you contribute to the store?

1 Answer

Have you had any previous work experience, where, why did you leave.

1 Answer

They honestly didn't ask me much except for if I had customer service experience.

110 of 98 Interview Questions