Publice Finance, Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publice Finance, Analyst Interview Questions

Publice finance, analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The interview included many generic personal questions and although it was mentioned that the interview was going to be kept in an informal tone, the questions were the same generic ones such as why this position, tell me about yourself, a time when you failed, etc

1 Answer

I had my story together, and I would suggest you all to do the same. Very general things you have done will not suffice an answer to any interview. In fact today, most people are very resourceful and if you know that your answers are very generic, the interviewers will feel the same way and give your employment opportunity to someone else who does sound generic. Answer those personal questions with an essence of your own (a story) which will resonate the minds of the interviewers and remember you.

Why are you leaving your current position?

Tell me about yourself.

1 Answer

What is the difference between corporate and municipal bonds?

-Tell us about your market experience? -Describe to me bond ratings? -What is a TIF? -Why the career change? -What would impact the bond pricing? -How are Moody's and S&P different in rating bonds? Then there were the behavioral questions: -How many windows are in NYC? -Why are manhole covers round? -Will you be able to work 80+ hours a week? -Do you have family here?

What was your most/least favorite class and why?

What do you know about the PFM group and why are you interested in public finance

They asked me Why BMO, Why Public Finance, and Where I want to be in 5 years in the same question, first question.

110 of 30 Interview Questions