Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publishing Interview Questions

Publishing interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Have you sold before, or done any cold-calling, sales process, or the like.

3 Answers

Answer with whatever you've done. Since they have little to no skin in the game - they'll take you on (tell you to go find and build a book of business);

You are so right about Best Version Media. Their business model, the true commission based business model is dying quickly with the resurgence of the general economy. Who wants to go door to door, selling ad space in a magazine that will probably never be published, when you can get a better paying job with benefits at the local hardware store.

The refreshing part of this post, is that it appears to be an actual person with their own opinions and finally not a competitor exposing false statements about BVM. In order for the local hardware store to offer a better opportunity than BVM, it would need to offer these things: 1.) By the second year the average person at the hardware store would need to be earning over $100,000 a year. 2.) They would need to have unlimited vacation time. 3.) The hardware store would need to be the fastest growing hardware store in all of North America and then you would have to x that by 10 in order to be growing as fast as BVM. 4.) They would need to have a position that includes the prestige of publishing a magazine to an influential community interacting with families, local businesses and associations and other members of the community. 5.) The hardware store would need to offer an annual company trip as does BVM to tropical locations and cruises. There are more things the hardware store would need to offer and we hope the candidate finds such a hardware store for himself.

What are your core values

1 Answer

The questions asked were all typical interview questions.

1 Answer

The computer test will stump you if you are not programming minded. The regular expressions are easy to learn, but it is hard to face them down when you have never seen them before.

1 Answer

Are you comfortable sitting in a cubicle all day while making over 60 calls and speaking to authors for over 3 hours?

1 Answer

The interview was very relaxed and friendly. I did not feel that the manager was looking for a reason to turn me down.

1 Answer

It's what I asked the founder of Gatorade. The late Dr. Robert Cade was the individual who provided us seed money to start the company. While the late Bruce Lundvall and Larry Rosen were individuals who saw our dream and vision. Without their support from the beginning along with Ricky Schultz there would not have been a JAZZIZ. Established in 1983.

1 Answer

Publisher, VP of Sales, VP of Distribution, Director of Finance, Developed relationships with the recording industry, national advertising agencies, distributors/news and book stores, radio stations, and created a family of employees who were very proud to be associated and affiliated with our company

1 Answer

How do view the K-12 market today?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years