QA Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QA Analyst Interview Questions

"Employers looking to fill QA analyst positions want applicants with the problem-solving capabilities to detect software-level errors and make improvements to their products. In an interview, expect to be quizzed on technical questions that will test your analytical and critical thinking skills. You may be asked to resolve a programming error or explain the uses of a particular function."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

1) If I was troubleshooting a browser, what would the steps I would take?

1 Answer

First just do a basic sanity check and make sure it opens up. Second make sure all the functions that are advertised(Flash support, multiple tabs) work the way they are supposed to.

Explain the difference between an inner join and outer join.

1 Answer

What is the relationship between software requirements and QA testing?

1 Answer

Scenario: You have 8 golf balls and 1 is heavier than the 7 others. All you have is a balance used in chemistry classes. What is the shortest number of times you could measure the golf balls to find the heaviest ball?

5 Answers

I really can’t remember many of the questions I was asked throughout the interviews but I was given “homework” to complete and have emailed back that evening after the interview. 1. Summarization with who I had my interviews with. 2. Two reason why they shouldn't hire me. 3. 5 unconventional uses of a brick. 4. Flowchart of how to troubleshoot/ QA a broken toaster. 5. The most funny joke you know!!

3 Answers

How do you measure 4 gallons with only a 5 gallon and a 3 gallon bucket?

5 Answers

Scenario: If you were running late for a job interview and you had no lights on in your apartment. Let's say you went into your dresser drawer and had to pull out one pair of socks. All you had was black or brown socks. And there were 5 socks total, what is the least amount of pulls you could do?

4 Answers

You have eight golf balls with one slightly heavier than the rest and one leveling scale. What is the least number of times you can use the scale to figure out the heavier ball.

2 Answers

How would you QA the projector? What is some of your weaknesses, strengths, etc. typical interview questions.

1 Answer

Name a situation where you were a apart of team and you went above and beyond to help your teammate, and what was the outcome.

110 of 878 Interview Questions