QA Lead Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QA Lead Engineer Interview Questions

QA lead engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What exact experience with test automation have you had?

1 Answer

Automation starts when UAT becomes stable. Say for instance if on each release more than 50% test are failing you don't automate the application. During this time you can run smoke or black box tests to check if major functionalities are working properly. Once it becomes more stable for instance if 20% tests are failing you can start the automation process. Depending upon the application one can start with developing the frameworks. if it needed to be a data driven framework or a key word dirven framework. The best practice will be to incorporate Hybril Framwork which is combination of both keyword and data driven frameworks. On every release you run your regression tests to check new functionalities and anything broken from the previous releases. Once the application comes closer to complition you can develop a happy path or end to end test to check the functionalities of the application.

The questions were not difficult for person who worked with this on daily basis but I didn't. And I was very nervous. I had only one round.

Explain how would you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich

1 Answer

On the spot scenario questions,skill,softwares and team based question.

1 Answer

Describe a situation where you had a difficult situation with your boss, and what did you do about it?

One of the case study was that I was given a calculator on a printed paper and was asked about how will I test it? The second was to test my analytical skill and was to describe how will I handle the below situation: You use a device to receive goods from 2 plants. The receipt from plant A is just fine and the receit from plan B is slow. What could be the possible scenarios that could have gone wrong

The questions were pretty simple but thought provoking and did a great job at helping them and me see if it was a position where we would mutually benefit and thrive.

They asked what I would "fight for first" once I got into the position which turned out to be a very telling question.

Standard questions about my background, why I would be a good fit, how my experience could help the explained project.

110 of 21 Interview Questions