QA Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QA Lead Interview Questions

"As a QA lead, you'll be responsible for creating project roadmaps and directing your team of QA engineers to achieve project goals. In an interview, expect to answer a mix of questions that will evaluate your QA testing skills as well as people management abilities."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Have you had a defect that was found by a customer that should have been caught during the testing phase? If so, how did you handle the escaped defect.

1 Answer

I followed up with the customer and asked how they discovered the defect. I then determined what part of the troubleshooting process we missed that would have revealed the defect to us.

What would you do if management asks you to approve a release with critical defects?

2 Answers

What exact experience with test automation have you had?

1 Answer

Most of the questions were what I expected. I suppose the hardest question was how to deal with employees in a hostile environment since it varies from case to case.

1 Answer

Some Behavioral questions about past experience

1 Answer

Testing basics - like the type of testing, regression, load etc Tools used -Automation, Java, selenium, previous projects, Job responisibilities Testing Exercise - hands-on during interview --I liked this part the most Tell some bugs/improvements in their application.

1 Answer

"What would be the first priority to test in a GUI application?". There is not enough information in the question to answer that. Too vague.

2 Answers

How would you handle a person not meeting expectations?

1 Answer

The unexpected question is when the owner of the company called my cell phone offering me another job position....I was interview for QA lead but end up taking Continuous Improvement Supervisor position. I get to set my own hours and implement some changes and improvement to the plant. I took the position and lest than 1 week i was offered the position with a grrrrreeeeeaaaaat pay. To add, i knew the QA Manager from my old job because she was the one you hired me 4yrs ago...so that was a lead way for me.

1 Answer

one of the guys asked me to make a test plan for mailing a stapler. quickly realizing that he didnt read my assessment, I quickly thought up the Who, What,When,Where,How,How Long and responded accordingly

110 of 199 Interview Questions