Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Quality Assurance Engineer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions

Quality assurance engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Hypothetical question: you have a team of ten software developers that have worked on a product for 5 years. They now have to develop a new version of this application but only have 3 months to develop and test it. What would the QA estimate be?

2 Answers

This was my favorite question as it completely illustrated how bad these guys were at interviewing. I began to ask the manager that asked the question for more information and he snapped back at me " You have all the information you need!" Really? He might as well have asked me how much it costs to build a house. Because the answer would be the same - "I need more info and detail in order to give you my estimate". Any QA worth their salt will asks tons of questions in order to understand what it is they are working on. In the end I told the panel that if I had worked on the product or similar products I would base my estimate on prior experience. If I had no prior experience I would research historical metrics from similar projects and also discuss those historical project actual development/test hours with other QA and developers to come up with an estimate.

I said "Rather than answering with the standard 'I will need more information' 'lets make it less hypothetical. "'Before I can give you an answer I will need to gather more information from your people'. This gives the interviewer an out when they don't have any additional information, and you the chance to get the information you need" Converting from 'Hypothetical' to 'Real' helped make my answer stand out from other candidates. It also made it harder for the interviewer to return with the Hypothetical "you have all the information you need"

If you had a great idea to implement something new for a CA software product but management wouldn't take your word on it, how would you convince management to go along with your idea?

1 Answer

3 person in a room, try to figure out a way to find out their average salaries without knowing others' salaries.

3 Answers

Reverse a string

5 Answers

How do you install build on iPhone

IP subnetting, routing protocol

1 Answer

Given an array of integers, how would you move the duplicate integers into a different array? What is the efficiency of your algorithm?

3 Answers

How would you test the "Find" feature in an application such as MS Word?

1 Answer

If you weren't working in this field, what would be your dream job?

1 Answer

If I was capable of working with Gas/ HVAC? If I was HVAC certified?

110 of 407 Interview Questions