Quantitative trading analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quantitative trading analyst Interview Questions

quantitative trading analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You have 5 unknown numbers. There are 10 options in selecting two out of these five. Sum each of those two together, thus you have 10 numbers. You're given these, find the original 5 numbers.

5 Answers

Suppose - x1+x2= a1, x1+x3=a2, ..., x4+x5=a10. A = a1+...a10. x1+x2+x3+x4+x5 = A/4. x1 = A/4-a5-a10. x2 = A/4-a2-a10. x3 = A/4-a1-a10. x4 = A/4-a1-a9. x5 = A/4-a1-aa8.

Note that a+b=c+d. So the ten sums can be paired up into groups of 2 (of course, it may be possible to group say 4 together in case two of the original numbers are the same... but we will be content with pairing in twos to get a final list of 5 numbers even if that contains repetitions. Suppose the numbers we have now are a1, a2, a3, a4 and a5. And suppose the original numbers are x1, x2, ... x5. Then sum of x's = sum of a's./2. Call this S. S - 2ai will give the original x's.

This is a Gaussian equation is it not?

Roll a 6-sided and 10-sided die. I pay exactly the sum of the numbers on the dice only if you guess the sum correctly. What number do you guess?

4 Answers

what is the square root of 64,000?

3 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

What is one problem in real life? How can it be fixed by an algorithm.?

1 Answer

Find North Korea on a map.

1 Answer

Why do you want to leave your current job, Are you Ok with the international travel (2 weeks away at a time, unpredictable travel).

1 Answer

Why do you choose Optiver?

1 Answer

Do you have any questions about Jane Street?

1 Answer

Sorting 4 digit numbers in a square.

1 Answer

Technical questions including machine learning models etc

110 of 42 Interview Questions