Rail interview questions | Glassdoor

GE Transportation Interviews

www.getransportation.com /  HQ: Chicago

74 Interviews

2.8 Average

Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Is there anything you want to ask me?

3 Answers

I assume that the company is in good financial condition? I already asked the team about parking, hours, ... When you plan to have someone start working?

You should never ask a question like this when in an interview. You should have done a little research and looked up information about the company. The annual reports are available and you can check all sorts of information that would have shown the interviewer you were interested enough to do some homework and confident in the company's financial status. Most HR managers and hiring managers are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and energetic about the job opportnity. It doesn't sound like your responses to their question about debugging met the criteria. Debugging was a symbol of other problems that you may need to work through if you get the job.

Tim, you are absolutely right!!! I don't know why I reacted so smugly. It was the first interview I've had in years and I didn't do it right! I should have thought of questions in advance that I might be asked and rehearsed the answers. I was very nervous. I should have shown more enthusiasm. I would have loved the job. I didn't get it.

How important is safety to you?

2 Answers

What do you know about the railroad?

1 Answer

"Does the First Amendment apply in all situations"?

1 Answer

Questions were standard. One being, "do you like working on teams?" I assumed it was asked to check interpersonal skills, but I was put back when the interviewer said she didn't like working on a team. I wasn't sure what to do with that information. As if she was baiting me to open up.

Why should we pick you?

1 Answer

Explain why you have chosen the path that I was on?

1 Answer

I don't remember specifically, that was almost 4 years ago.

1 Answer

There were no challenging questions except asking me to do some coding over the weekend to show a sample of what I can/can't do.

1 Answer

1) What is your philosophy about safety? Do you have any supervisory experience? Tell me where you see yourself in 10-15 years...

110 of 535 Interview Questions