Project manager Interview Questions in Raleigh-Durham, NC | Glassdoor

Project manager Interview Questions in Raleigh-Durham, NC

As a project manager, it is your job to oversee the creation and execution of company projects and ensure that all team members stay on track to meet deadlines. Expect interview questions that will assess your ability to lead a group and communicate effectively to members with different roles and varying concerns. As the scope, schedule, and cost of a project can change frequently, the interviewer may ask you to role-play a few scenarios in which a project deadline changes or several group members leave the company.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Say you are dead- what do you think your eulogy would say about you.

5 Answers

While this might throw you as it did me at first, just take time to break it into personal attrubutes and professional attributes

Take your time to breath. This question is a trap in order to see how you react emotionally and personally. There are 2 possibilities, all other possibilities are wrong. - answer something vague and smart for example : "Death was afraid of him because he had the heart of a lion" or "It matters not how a man dies, but how he lives.". This will impress them and demonstrate your superior intelligence. - bring the conversation back in the reality : "It does not matter what will happen when I will die, but what matters to me is what is happening in this room right now" will show that you are pragmatic and focused. Any other answer will put you down. - talking about your family or your kids, or how great you are, will give the impression that you are self centered. - being emotional will show you as a weak person... etc...

If you are dead, you cannot think about your eulogy. The first part of the question has established you are dead. Anything after that is irrelevant.

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Tell me what you believe are your greatest strengths and weaknesses.

4 Answers

"Cultural" Name a song/movie that describes you? Name weaknesses, strengths What you like to do for fun outside of work? What would your last employer say about you? If you invited us for dinner what would you cook? What some of your strengths? What motivates you to wake up each morning? "Technical" What KPI's measures your success? How do you manage rejection from upper management? Do you have experience with Stage Gates? What was the size of the last company you worked for? Why did you leave your last job?

3 Answers

"You knew (which there was no where this was provided ) we had a regulation which had to be met by XX date, it is completely unacceptable for us to miss our delivery date and how are "we/SAS" going to hold the date regardless of my excuses?"

3 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

What are your weaknesses?

2 Answers

How would you handle a PI who could or would not recruit patients

2 Answers

I had quite a few people give me scenarios to have me comment on how I would react/proceed/resolve.

1 Answer

How far are you willing to travel?

Can you start today?

1 Answer

What would your friends say about you? Tell us how you would handle this...

110 of 239 Interview Questions