Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions in Raleigh-Durham, NC | Glassdoor

Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions in Raleigh-Durham, NC

"Senior software engineers are the most experienced member of a software team and usually carry the most responsibility and authority of that team. Because of this, interviews will be designed to find candidates who have expert knowledge of the field and years of experience as a software engineer. Expect to be asked tough technical questions and to give examples of previous projects that you have worked on."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I had not expected to be asked logic questions, which made me nervous. The first one was a weigh nine items on a balancing scale to find the odd one out in the fewest scale uses

3 Answers

Split them into three groups of three, weigh two to determine the odd set out, then split that stack of three into three sets of one, and weigh two to find the single one out, requiring only two scale uses.

The above strategy works only if you know whether the odd item is lighter or heavier. If you do not know how it differs, you will need more scale uses.

111-111-114 <--- By weighing any of two sets, you get 114. 1-1-4 <----- By weighing any of two, you can find out 4.

How would you handle team conflict

1 Answer

What is boxing and unboxing?

1 Answer

1) Describe your major projects in recent history and what you yourself were challenged with and accomplished 2) For these key areas/items describe in detail challenges and accomplishments with those skill. 3) Here are (sequentially) several technical scenarios we deal with and face that related. Some of this we know the answer two and some of which we don't. Discuss in detail how you'd architect, implement, or solve this with your experience in those areas.

1 Answer

I was asked to do a code walk through of an entire project that I wrote on and hosted on github.

1 Answer

What are recursive function advantage and disadvantages

1 Answer

What is the difference between log4j and java logging api.

1 Answer

List and describe access modifiers?

1 Answer

What is dependency injection?

1 Answer

How to debug HTML and JS in Chrome?