Software Developer Interview Questions in Raleigh-Durham, NC | Glassdoor

Software Developer Interview Questions in Raleigh-Durham, NC

"Software developers design, write, test, and maintain the code for a software system. Extensive knowledge of programming languages, data structures, and algorithms are necessary to pass the technical interview which is designed to test these skills. Employers are looking for candidates with a bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience. "

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Given a linked list with cycle, find the cycle.

2 Answers

maintain a stack and mark nodes as you go along

It's a well known problem. You need to have two pointers one of which traverses the list with a double speed. The cycle is found if sometime after start the fast pointer crosses the slow.

During telephonic interview, I was asked a question like when two friends wearing Google Glass, come coincidentally to one road/mall/movie theater, glass should show up on surface that they both are in close vicinity. Tough part here is that they don't have data connection.

1 Answer

I was asked questions primarily about best practices and example projects.

1 Answer

Why do want to work at Microsoft?

1 Answer

Tell me a time when a co worker did something wrong or perhaps you did not get along with them and how did you handle / resolve it?

1 Answer

Let's say you are implementing a distributed sort algorithm running on hundreds of nodes. How does that algorithm work? Where are the bottlenecks?

1 Answer

How do you handle technical experts with differing opinions?

1 Answer

He gave me an array of unsorted numbers and asked to sort. But the restriction is that any number of reads but number of writes should be minimized.

1 Answer

Using object notation, how would you solve this problem. Then the problem was posed.

1 Answer

Database query using having, group by, count etc.